Well...it's been a while since I got back from Haiti but the country and the people there are still very much in my heart and on my mind. I thought I'd share a few photos from my trip.
| These were the bathrooms they had built on site. There were 2 toilets and 2 showers. |
The picture on the left is of the ditch they were digging in front of our buildings after the first night's monsoon. The rain completely flooded one of the buildings. So they're working on fixing that problem. The picture on the right is of the water tank that provided water for the toilets and showers. FYI: in order to get water in the tank they fill up a five gallon bucket at the well, then carry it to the tank, climb up the ladder and dump it in. Repeat. These people are amazing.
These are just few of the sweet people I grew to love:
| I miss these ladies!! |
| This is Zophonie. She's awesome! |
| This is Nikenson. He's 11. And a cool dude. |
| This is Roody. This man is amazing! He was such a huge blessing to us and our trip. Not to mention the huge blessing he is to his family, Haiti and the church there! |
| These were a few of the girls I got to hang out with. |
Here are few pics that show the real potential and beauty of this country:
I have more pictures but I don't want to get too carried away. If you want to see more (really good) pictures check out http://epochchurch.org/haiti/ Grant (who is a professional) put some pictures up there from our trip. You can also read the entries that were posted for each day we were there.
My prayer for the church in Leogane and the people we met is Ephesians 1:15-19.
that's all, I suppose.
love!
leah marie
1 comment:
love these pictures! I never thought of Haiti as being so pretty. We need to get together and talk about our trips before I leave for school.
Post a Comment